Thursday, September 18, 2014

Another Way to Find Booth Inspiration

When you are looking for inspiration for your booth, don't just look at photos of pretty booths.  You can find inspiration from all sorts of photos.  The photo might help you with a unique color combination.  It might give you ideas for putting seemingly unrelated things together.  It might inspire you to display something you have in a way that shows customers another use for the item.  Keep your eyes open!

Also, anytime you see something that makes your heart race, pay attention!  Figure out if there's any way you might translate that in your booth.




I recently came across this photo on Junkin Addict.  


Even though this is not a look I have going in my own home, the photo stopped me in my tracks.  It's not a booth photo, but I immediately began to think how a similar vignette could be created in a booth.  If I still had a booth, I'd print the photo and put it on a box or on a shelf where I kept my stash.  As I went to yard sales and estate sales, etc.  I'd keep an eye out for things in these colors and with this feel.  When I had a bench or table to paint, I'd paint it in this soft blue.  Maybe I could even find some realistic fake pink geraniums. Real geraniums would be so much better, but few booths have good windows, so they wouldn't last.  Fakes CAN be used in limited amounts without being tacky.  By Spring, I'd have a grouping to put together in my booth.

Finding inspiration that speaks to you and planning ahead can really pay off.  Could you put together a booth vignette based on any of these non-booth photos?

Source

Source

Source


If you find a photo with colors you love, you could use the Chip It tool from Sherwin Williams to help you lock in on the most important colors.  I love that tool!

Source

Here's another interesting color combination.  The purple is a little unexpected, don't you think?  These colors could be fun right now.  You may even have what you need to put a grouping with these colors together in your booth right now.
And here's another -

Source